|User: editor -- 2013-08-13 << 1114 1116 >>|
|Type: Replace text in multiple files|
|Search all Replace text in multiple files examples|
|I would like to manipulate a bunch of text files. |
I would like to accomplish the following:
1. Extract all the paragraphs from each text
2. Output each text file into new file
3. Output files must ONLY contain paragraphs
4. Output files must NOT contain single lines, titles (first line), bullet texts.
I essentially want to clean up the existing text files and create only paragraphs from them.
|How is Arthritis Usually Treated? |
For most patients, arthritis is treated with pain medications as well as medications that help to reduce the amount of inflammation in the joints. By adding physical therapy and other forms of activity as well, you can increase the mobility of the joints without causing more harm to them in the process.
In extreme cases of arthritis in which the joint is severely damaged, the joint may need to be replaced entirely.
|For most patients, arthritis is treated with pain medications as well as medications that help to reduce the amount of inflammation in the joints. By adding physical therapy and other forms of activity as well, you can increase the mobility of the joints without causing more harm to them in the process.|
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|The key points is to remove all lines that has less than 2 punctuations such as ".", "?" and "!" |
1. ctrl-o open one text file
2. ctrl-h open 'replace' dialogue
* set 'replace unit' to 'Line'
* set 'search for pattern' to:
3. for single file, click 'replace', done.
4. for multiple files, click 'batch...' button to open 'batch runner' window
(1) drag multiple files to batch runner window
(2) check option of "change output folder", and select a new folder for output
(3) click 'batch replace', all modified files will be saved to new folder.
[^\.?!]*[\.?!]+[^\.?!]* means line with one . ? !
[^\.?!]+ means line without . ? !
Screenshot 1: Replace_Window
|How to remove all the lines that do not contain any of words in a list? (65%)|
How to remove all lines that contain one or more words in a list? (62%)
How to remove all lines that contains more than one word? (62%)
How to remove lines that contain some words base on percentages? (61%)
How to remove all lines that contain some specific strings in a text file? (60%)
How to extract all lines that contain words in a list? (58%)
How to extract/remove all lines containing an accentued letter (58%)
How to remove all folders in a list containg folders and files? (58%)
Check Demo of Replace text in multiple files
|clean modified paragraphs punctuation unctuation sentence less comp create without remove lines from text less than remove first lines from text with batch clean text remove paragraphs batch file to remove first line of text from a file remove first line with batch replace paragraphs in multiple files batch remove first lines of file|