|User: Aaron -- 2013-10-28 << 1143 1145 >>|
|Type: Text file splitter|
|Search all Text file splitter examples|
|I would like to extract and save text that follows the first dash in a line to one file and save the word or phrase before the dash to another file. |
Please note that there may be other dashes after the first but I would like to save all the text following the first dash only. Each line may or may not end with punctuation.
|Input Example: |
Word1 - asdfadfasfa - jkh;h;jhljhlh
Phrase 2 - oiuyiyoiuyoiuyouy
Word3 - qwerqerqerqerq - uipipiupiupi?
|Output File 1: Words or phrases before the first dash. |
Output File 2: Text that follows the first dash.
asdfadfasfa - jkh;h;jhljhlh
qwerqerqerqerq - uipipiupiupi?
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|Assume you want to extract 1st part to file.1.txt, 2nd part to file.2.txt |
1. open "Tools->Batch Runner" window
2. drag all text files to "Batch Runner" window
3. change the "set filename" entry to:
4. click "Fast Replace" button to open "Fast replace" dialogue
5. click "add" to add replace rule
* leave "search" to be
* set "replace" to be blank
* click "ok"
6. make sure "regular expression" option is checked, and UNcheck "cross line" option
7. click "start", all text before "-" will be write to file.1.txt
To write the content after "-" to new files, you just need:
* change step 3 to:
* change step 5 "search" to:
Screenshot 1: Batch_Runner_Window