|User: editor -- 2008-06-23 << 198 200 >>|
|Type: Count and statistics|
|Search all Count and statistics examples|
|Is it easy to analyze web logs and provide a sorted list of visiting numbers of different countries?|
|web page text logs containing many IP address.|
|Country Name Number of visiting |
United States 12173
United Kingdom 6978
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|1. ctrl-o open web log text file |
2. ctrl-h open 'Replace' dialog
in 'Replace' page:
* set 'Search for pattern' to:
* uncheck options of [ ]Print unmatched unit
* set nothing in 'Replace with pattern'
click 'Advanced' page:
* set 'Run following at the beginning of replace' to:
* set 'Run following for each matched unit' to:
* set 'Insert end text' to:
3. click 'Replace', done!
Note: get_value(), set_value() are dictionary operations, here we use it to count number of visiting of each country.
sort_by_word(get_values_all(),-1,-1,"num","desc") means sort all the (country ,number) pair by the number, which is the last word(from word -1 to -1), "num" means sort by number instead of string, "desc" means sort by descendent order.
|Download Script: scripts/199.rst.zip|
Screenshot 1: Replace_Window
Screenshot 2: Replace_Advanced_Window