|User: editor -- 2008-12-23 << 306 308 >>|
|Type: Count and statistics|
|Search all Count and statistics examples|
|How to count how many characters, punctuations in a text file?|
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|1. Open Replace Pioneer(2.3 and above) menu "Tools->Pattern Counter" |
2. Select the source to a file or current page(if file is already loaded)
3. Select one of the "Counter Template"
* if you want to count Characters -- select Characters,Words,Lines
* if you want to count Puctuations -- select Numbers,Puctutaions,spaces,...
* if you want to count items not in list, you can define them by your self.
4. Click "Count" button, the detailed number will be shown in table
5. Select one row and click "Detail", all instance and occurance of the type will be shown.
Please refer to following address for further instruction:
Screenshot 1: Pattern_Counter_Window