|User: editor -- 2010-04-06 << 468 470 >>|
|Type: Count and statistics|
|Search all Count and statistics examples|
|How to count and sort the frequency of all words appeared in many text files? |
I have many text files, each one is an article of specific topic. How can I count and sort the frequency of all words appeared in these text files?
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|1. You need to join all the text files into one single file |
(1) open 'Tools->Batch Runner' menu
(2) drag all text files from windows file browser to "Batch Runner" window
(3) click 'File Merge' button, and enter output file, click "ok", all file will be joined into one single file.
2. Make statistics on the single file
(1) open 'Tools->Pattern Counter' menu
(2) select 'File/http' radio button as source type, and select the file prepared in step 1.
(3) select template 'Characters, Words, Lines' (default)
(4) select 'Words' line in the list, and click 'detail' button, you will get the frequency of all all words appeared in the text file. You can click title to sort by words or occurrance.
Note: you can check option of 'ignore case' if you think the words like 'REPLACE' is the same as 'replace'
Screenshot 1: Pattern_Counter_Window