|User: Tianna -- 2012-08-04 << 984 986 >>|
|Type: Batch file rename|
|Search all Batch file rename examples|
|I have a file that I need to make x number of copies of, and then rename those |
copies with a filename from a predefined list. Can I do that with your tool?
Only, the new names are not in any
kind of a pattern. They are random,
I have the new names in a spreadsheet
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|1. open "Tools->Batch Runner" menu |
2. Drag the original file from window file browser and drop to the "batch runner" window
3. right click mouse on the file in the list, and select "create duplicate input" context menu, and fill in the number of duplicates you need
4. save the new names in the spreadsheet to a text file(such as name.csv file) with only single column.
5. drag the name list file from windows file browser, and drop to the "Set output filename" entry, this entry will be filled automatically like:
6. check the "output file" column, make sure the new name preview in this column is correct, and click "File Rename" button, done.
Screenshot 1: Batch_Runner_Window